If you need a more accessible version of this website, click this button on the right.Switch to Accessible Site

Lloyd Sigman, D.D.S., Ltd.

 

Cosmetic Restorative Dentistry

847-432-5520

About Us
 

There are not many dental practices that have been continuous for so long. The history of this practice makes us humble and proud to be a part of it.

In 1871, Dr. Thomas Gilmer opened a dental office in Quincy, Illinois. He later moved his practice to Chicago in 1889, and his skill as a dentist and dental educator blossomed. With five other distinguished dentists he helped form what was to become Northwestern University Dental School. When the legendary Dean, Dr. G.V. Black died in 1915, Dr. Gilmer was appointed Dean of the Dental School.

A graduate of the class of 1915, Dr. Emil Mueller returned to Northwestern in 1925 and earned the first Master's Degree in Dentistry. Dr. Gilmer invited him to join his dental practice, and to be a part of the faculty of the Dental School. Their practice provided outstanding dentistry in Chicago, and was patronized by many of the best known Chicagoans of that time.......continued on next page....